This free exercise library from Precision Diet comprises males’s and ladies’s variations of over 400 train movies.
It’s designed to be a useful resource for private trainers and energy coaches who present distant or on-line exercise teaching. However it’s additionally freely obtainable to anybody else who would possibly profit.
Each train video is filmed from a number of angles and supplies efficiency pointers by means of audio narration and textual content overlays.
Plus, every video highlights frequent motion flaws to keep away from throughout every stage of the train.
And it’s all organized right into a searchable, filterable spreadsheet that lets you copy and paste video hyperlinks—and accompanying textual content train cues—proper into your personal materials.
Private trainers and energy coaches can use this video exercise library to:
- Embody high-quality train demonstrations in your exercise packages—with out having to go looking the web or create your personal movies
- Ship purchasers fast and dependable hyperlinks to any train they might have questions on
- Present purchasers with progressions, regressions, or modifications for widespread workout routines
And completely anybody can use this PN video library for knowledgeable instruction on easy methods to carry out tons of of workout routines safely.
As a bonus, we’ve additionally included a 14-day at-home workout program, to spotlight how we use these actions in our Precision Diet packages. Be at liberty to obtain it for your self, or share it with your pals, members of the family, or purchasers.
To get probably the most out of this video train library, hold studying. However should you’re prepared to leap proper to assets, you’ll be able to click on the hyperlinks under.
How you can use this video train library
The workout routines on this video library are grouped within the downloadable spreadsheet in two other ways:
1. By motion sample. You may seek for any train by class. For instance, should you’re on the lookout for a regression or development for a goblet squat, you’ll be able to search by means of different squat sample actions to seek out body weight, dumbbell, and barbell squat variations.
2. By identify, alphabetically. We’ve additionally included an alphabetical checklist of each train within the video library. Plus, you’ll be able to at all times do a easy key phrase search inside the spreadsheet to seek out the train you’re on the lookout for.
Train rules for on-line teaching
You might have already got an efficient system for choosing the proper workout routines on your on-line purchasers. But when not, contemplate the recommendation that follows.
When choosing workout routines for on-line or distant purchasers, it’s vital to acknowledge this:
The workout routines you usually prescribe to in-person purchasers won’t be acceptable on your on-line purchasers.
The explanation: In comparison with in-person teaching, your understanding of your purchasers’ motion abilities—and your potential to reinforce these abilities by means of teaching—could range considerably alongside a continuum.
As an illustration, you could have a variety of on-line purchasers that embody:
A. Folks you additionally work with in-person.
- You understand how nicely they transfer and which actions they’re expert in.
- You understand how nicely they self-monitor their motion high quality.
- You understand how nicely they tempo themselves.
B. Folks you’ve by no means met in individual… however you’ve finished a radical on-line motion evaluation and gotten to know them.
- You’ve gotten a great grasp of their bodily capabilities.
- They usually ship you motion movies for suggestions.
- They pay shut consideration to their kind whereas exercising.
C. Folks you don’t know nicely… and with whom you not often correspond.
- You principally ship them exercises and vitamin materials.
- You briefly verify in with one another a few times a month.
- They informed you they’ve labored out on and off for a very long time, however you’re unsure what that basically means.
Relying on the place purchasers are on this continuum, the next rules apply to some extent.
1. There gained’t be an instantaneous suggestions loop.
Train is a type of ability growth.
Exercises metabolically and neurologically problem motor patterns. This, in flip, elicits the coaching results that develop athletic abilities and produce outcomes.
The event of any ability requires that you simply begin with a psychological mannequin of what “good” is. As an illustration, ask your self: What does a “good” squat or “good” pushup appear to be?
The aim is to then follow that psychological mannequin on the fringe of your potential. Instance: doing a squat for as many reps as you’ll be able to with “good” kind. (As soon as your kind begins to interrupt down, you’ve exceeded the sting of your potential.)
Over time, the metabolic, structural, and neural challenges of this exercise drive the coaching results we’re all acquainted with:
- stronger muscle tissue
- higher coordination
- much less physique fats
Alongside the best way, the standard of the motion sample you follow—that’s, how “good” your psychological mannequin is—impacts the standard of these outcomes. This additionally performs a giant function in your long-term resiliency and harm danger.
So how do you enhance and strengthen the standard of that motion sample? By making and correcting small errors on the fringe of your potential.
And the flexibility to do that? It is determined by a suggestions loop: a continuing comparability of what you wished to do, what you did, and the way you are able to do it higher the following time.
With in-person coaching, that suggestions loop can come instantly and repeatedly from an knowledgeable coach.
As an illustration, after watching a consumer squat, you would possibly say:
“Hey, on that final set of squats you began to carry your heels a bit and shift stress extra into your knees and decrease again. Subsequent time, let’s mentally concentrate on protecting your heels rooted into the bottom while you’re underneath fatigue. Or we will alter the load or reps to maintain you in a top quality sample.”
In on-line teaching, although, that suggestions loop can solely come from the consumer. The apparent downside: It’s very tough for individuals to self-monitor refined shifts in motion high quality whereas understanding.
Because of this small errors—and generally large ones—can proceed unchecked for a very long time. That slows down ability acquisition, and thus, progress. Worse, it could result in motion dysfunction and irritating accidents.
This brings us to level #2.
2. It’s vital to depend on “high-fidelity” workout routines.
Clearly, lack of fast suggestions is a problem for on-line teaching.
However there’s a wise approach to account for this: Alter your train choice to favor “high-fidelity” actions.
These are workout routines which are more likely to be executed accurately with out suggestions and whereas underneath fatigue.
Consider two variables when selecting an train:
- The specified motion sample (for instance, a squat sample)
- The loading essential to get the specified coaching impact (for this particular consumer, at this explicit spot of their exercise, and at this level of their total coaching program)
From right here, select the train with the very best probability of being executed safely and accurately… with out suggestions… whereas underneath stress and fatigue… and whereas nonetheless assembly circumstances 1 and a couple of.
That’s a mouthful, we all know. However the level: Contemplating every of those components will make it easier to select the most effective workout routines for every consumer.
And hold thoughts: A high-fidelity train for one consumer will not be a high-fidelity train for one more consumer.
However some actions usually meet the usual for most individuals. Right here’s a shortlist of high-fidelity workout routines you would possibly prioritize, and low-fidelity workout routines you’ll need to program with higher discretion.
Excessive-fidelity workout routines
These workout routines can often be executed comparatively reliably underneath fatigue with minimal suggestions.
- Goblet squats
- Pushup variations
- Dumbbell reverse lunge variations
- Dumbbell rows
- Weighted carries
Low-fidelity workout routines
Usually, you solely need to use these workout routines with 1) individuals who you realize are extremely expert in performing them and self-monitor successfully, or 2) individuals that you simply’re working with in-person—so that you could present fast suggestions as they prepare.
- Kettlebell swings, snatches, and cleans
- Olympic lifts
- Overhead squats
3. Adjusting protocols is simpler than various workout routines.
Let’s say you’ve chosen workout routines your consumer can execute safely and accurately… with out suggestions… and whereas underneath stress and fatigue.
Now the place do they go from right here?
To enhance, you need to add simply sufficient novelty and problem in order that they’re breaking equilibrium and adapting to new stimuli. That’s, make them work a bit of bit more durable however with out forcing them past the sting of their potential.
A technique so as to add novelty is to range the motion sample by selecting a brand new train. As an illustration, shifting from a goblet squat to a barbell squat.
That is the default strategy for many individuals.
However keep in mind, the aim isn’t to do probably the most variations of an train; the aim is to get higher on the motion sample itself, with a purpose to accrue the diversifications that come from coaching progress.
The best and environment friendly means to do this is to regulate the coaching protocol, not the motion. Particularly, you would possibly alter:
- Relaxation durations
- Time durations
- Train combos
In reality, by manipulating these variables, the character and magnitude of the stress you’ll be able to impose on the physique with a single train is sort of limitless.
Consider all of the efficient coaching strategies from the previous few a long time:
And numerous others.
What do all of them have in frequent? Most of them may be finished with the identical dozen workout routines.
Right here’s the factor: Progress isn’t actually in regards to the workout routines you select. It’s about how far you’ll be able to take these workout routines, by means of strategic programming.
How you can Progress Workout routines
Right here at Precision Diet, we consider train development in two methods:
- Intra-exercise development: That is finished by adjusting the best way you carry out a selected train, a.ka. the coaching protocol. For instance, including extra units and reps is a type of intra-exercise development.
- Inter-exercise development: That is while you range the train itself, through the use of a dumbbell as a substitute of a barbell, or by holding the load in a unique place (and so forth).
Let’s check out each in additional element.
You should use intra-exercise development by adjusting these variables:
- High quality: Bettering train approach (that is typically low-hanging fruit, and should at all times be thought-about).
- Quantity: Growing the numbers of units and/or reps.
- Density: Growing the variety of reps carried out in a selected time-frame.
- Depth: Growing the load used for an train.
- Complexity: Incorporating constraints on price of perceived exertion, coronary heart price, or respiratory (e.g. solely nose-breathing or utilizing a hard and fast variety of breaths throughout restoration intervals, akin to throughout a respiratory ladder).
In case your protocol or program isn’t focusing on a rise in considered one of these variables, you might be distracting your self from the issues that matter.
Solely after you’ve explored the bounds of progress you can also make from intra-exercise progressions is it usually needed and useful to start out with inter-train progressions.
As an illustration, let’s say you’ve been engaged on squats.
You (or your consumer) began with a body weight squat and fairly shortly mastered that sample, focusing initially on the standard of the motion.
You’re capable of squat deeply along with your heels firmly rooted to the bottom, with good positioning and motion at your ankles, knees, hips, and backbone.
To progress, you may add some density and quantity by growing your whole reps and doing them in much less time. However for the coaching diversifications you actually need, you want some exterior load.
Primarily based on that, it’s time to change to a loaded model of the train, akin to a goblet squat. That is an inter-exercise development.
With this modification, you’ll be able to alter the quantity of weight you’re shifting, which provides one other intra-exercise variable you’ll be able to progress over time.
Bear in mind, you’re following the identical basic guidelines of standards: Your heels are rooted, lumbar backbone and pelvis are steady, hips are cell, knees, and ankles monitor nicely. This stays with you for each development.
Maintain progressing with these rules.
When you’ve switched the train you’re utilizing, you’ll be able to return to specializing in intra-exercise development.
For instance, you would possibly work as much as goblet squatting a 100-pound dumbbell for many reps (quantity development) in minimal time (density development). Then you may do a high-volume, high-density exercise whereas consciously controlling your respiratory (complexity development).
From right here, you might need to add extra weight once more, however you’re restricted by the quantity you’ll be able to maintain within the goblet place (otherwise you don’t have a heavier dumbbell). Because of this, it’s essential to select a brand new train variation on this sample. So that you’re again to inter-exercise development.
On this case, you would possibly select a barbell squat variation, like a entrance squat or again squat.
With these barbell lifts, your coaching depth may be elevated infinitely. Each exercise may be made tougher by placing extra weight on the bar.
Most vital: You’re prepared for this since you’ve constructed a powerful basis to work from. That’s since you hung out constructing resilience and work capability by pushing your limits on intra-exercise progressions.
This course of—going from a body weight squat to a goblet squat to a barbell squat—might take a number of months.
Some individuals won’t ever have to squat a barbell as a result of they’ll accomplish what they want with a dumbbell.
However for individuals who do progress to barbell squats? The probabilities are countless. They will play with protocol variations that drive intra-exercise progress for the remainder of their life.
Determining easy methods to do all of this requires loads of individualization.
You’ll have to determine which progressions to concentrate on, in what sequence, and easy methods to monitor them, together with realizing what the precise targets are.
You’ll want to ask questions like:
- What diversifications are you making an attempt to induce?
- Are you working with an athlete with particular sport calls for? Somebody making an attempt to construct muscle? Lose fats? Acquire freedom from again ache? Get their physician to cease chastising them?
- What sort of tools does your consumer have entry to?
- What else is occurring of their life?
- How a lot time have they got to coach?
- What’s their motion background previous to working with you?
Each state of affairs would require a unique strategy and a unique layering of progressions and diversifications.
The development described above—from body weight to goblet to barbell again squat—includes simply three workout routines, in all probability over an extended time frame. But it permits for great progress. (We’re not suggesting a program would solely contain squatting workout routines, by the best way.)
Our level: The artwork of programming exercises lies rather more in how one can construct new ranges of energy and capability inside a motion sample than what number of completely different workout routines you’ll be able to give you.
In fact, you would possibly marvel then…
Why are we offering a video library of 400 workout routines?
A couple of causes:
- Purchasers have completely different beginning factors, targets, talents, and preferences, which requires a full toolbox of motion choices
- You might have to range workout routines in distinctive methods with a purpose to improve the load (a feet-elevated pushup as a substitute of a daily pushup)
- If a consumer will get injured or has a setback, you might have to modify or regress an train
- There could also be a change in obtainable coaching tools, like if a consumer switches gyms or begins coaching solely at residence
However irrespective of how you employ this train library, we hope you discover it—and the accompanying data—to be a useful useful resource.
Get on the spot entry to Precision Diet’s 400+ video train library
There are a pair methods to start out utilizing the library:
- Use the Google Sheet to view and obtain the library in a number of codecs.
- Make a copy of the Google sheet on your personal use (you will need to have a Google account and be signed in for this selection).
Obtain the 14-day at-home exercise program
Click on the PDF to download the workout program.
Should you’re a coach, otherwise you need to be…
You may assist individuals construct vitamin and life-style habits that enhance their bodily and psychological well being, bolster their immunity, assist them higher handle stress, and get sustainable outcomes. We’ll present you the way.
Should you’d wish to be taught extra, contemplate the PN Level 1 Nutrition Coaching Certification.