Searching for a time-saving, quick and scrumptious recipe to make? You’re in luck! This One Pan Lemon Dijon Salmon and Veggies is so easy and might be served in a lot of other ways – to make your life simpler and more healthy. I’ve included a Vegetarian choice too!
This recipe consists of three fundamental elements: salmon, butternut squash and broccolini, and is seasoned with a scrumptious, selfmade lemon dijon sauce. I’ve additionally supplied a vegetarian choice in the event you choose to not eat fish.
I like together with salmon in my weight-reduction plan frequently, because it’s an excellent supply of potassium, protein, B nutritional vitamins and Omega-3 fatty acids (1). In contrast to most different fat, omega-3 fat are thought of “important,” which means your physique can’t make them so you need to get them out of your weight-reduction plan.
They play a essential function in your physique by lowering irritation, decreasing blood strain and lowering your threat issue for ailments akin to heart problems (together with coronary heart assault and stroke), dementia and alzheimer’s (2,3,4,5,6).
Butternut squash is a posh carbohydrate excessive in fiber and loaded with nutritional vitamins A, C, E, and B nutritional vitamins, in addition to minerals like potassium, zinc, and magnesium (7). Broccolini provides phytonutrients and fiber, rounding out the meal’s vitamins, providing you with the whole lot you want for sustained power all through the day.
Backside line, this can be a one pan meal that’s nice in your style buds and your well being!
Yield: 2 servings
You’ll need: Baking sheet tray, parchment paper, measuring cups and spoons, knife, reducing board, small whisk, small mixing bowl
Key: T=Tablespoon; tsp=teaspoon
For The Lemon Dijon Salmon:
- 2 (5-6 oz) salmon filets, pores and skin on (or 1 (14 oz) block further agency tofu, minimize into 6 equal steaks for a vegetarian choice)
- 1 T dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 lemon, juice of
For the Squash and Broccolini:
- 1 lb butternut squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1/2 lb broccolini, ends trimmed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 lemon, minimize into 2 wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small mixing bowl, whisk collectively dijon mustard, honey, garlic, and lemon juice. Put aside.
- Place the butternut squash within the oven, minimize facet up, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take away from the oven and place salmon filets, pores and skin facet down, (or tofu steaks) and broccolini on the baking sheet. Drizzle squash and broccolini with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Coat every salmon filet or tofu steak with lemon dijon sauce.
- Bake for quarter-hour, till each squash and salmon are cooked by way of.
- Serve salmon and squash with broccolini and lemon wedges.
I hope you take pleasure in this recipe! Let me know within the feedback under in the event you make it and the way it seems.
The Physique Gasoline System makes use of my easy, confirmed Consuming Sorts to make it simple to remain on observe. It additionally offers you wholesome, fat-burning recipes and meals you’ll be able to eat to appear and feel your BEST day-after-day!
That is my signature consuming system and it comprises 6 weeks of done-for-you meal planning and recipe guides! You’ll not solely study the methods which have given me long-term success, but in addition benefit from the time-saving advantages of getting all of it deliberate out for you!
- “Fish, Salmon, Atlantic, Farmed, Cooked, Dry Warmth Vitamin Information & Energy.” Vitamin Information Know What You Eat. https://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/finfish-and-shellfish-products/4259/2
- Calder PC. “n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, irritation, and inflammatory ailments”. Am J Clin Nutr. June 2006. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16841861/
- Cazzola R., et al. “Age- and dose-dependent results of an eicosapentaenoic acid-rich oil on cardiovascular threat components in wholesome male topics”. Atherosclerosis. July 2007. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16879829/
- Leaf A. “Historic overview of n-3 fatty acids and coronary coronary heart illness”. Am J Clin Nutr. June 2008. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18541598/
- Cole GM, Ma QL, Frautschy SA. “Omega-3 fatty acids and dementia. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids”. Sep 2009. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19523795/
- Fotuhi M, Mohassel P, Yaffe Okay. “Fish consumption, long-chain omega-3 fatty acids and threat of cognitive decline or Alzheimer illness: a posh affiliation”. Nat Clin Pract Neurol. March 2009. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19262590/
- “Squash, winter, butternut, uncooked”. Meals Information Central: SR Legacy, 169295. April 2018. Net. https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/169295/nutrients