Steak and eggs is a hearty and scrumptious breakfast full of protein and taste! Tender and juicy pan-seared steak is seasoned to perfection and served alongside eggs sunny facet up.
There’s a steak for each event, even breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There are such a lot of improbable steak recipes on the location. Be certain additionally to do that steak and potatoes, these unimaginable steak bites, or this good flank steak!
What Are Steak and Eggs?
Steak with eggs could not sound correct, however I’m telling you, the mixture is INCREDIBLE! You possibly can all the time depend on steak recipe from me. You possibly can thank my steak-loving son for that. We now have some type of steak nearly each single week! I really like cooking steak and eggs as a result of it’s so straightforward to make, and it’s such a satisfying meal earlier than our day begins!
Serving steak and eggs with roasted potatoes is our favourite method, however you possibly can serve it with any facet dish you want to. Typically I’ve a number of choices for my household to select from. These hashbrowns are scrumptious, parmesan potatoes are my favourite, or just serve it with toast produced from my homemade bread.
Components Wanted For Steak and Eggs
Get able to have a brand new favourite breakfast! Though, you possibly can get pleasure from this meal any time of day. It’s easy to make, and it requires minimal substances. It doesn’t get a lot better than that! You’re going to like all the things about this recipe. See the recipe card on the backside of the put up for precise measurements.
- Olive Oil and Butter: The steak is cooked in oil and butter to present it taste and an ideal exterior edge. The mix is scrumptious!
- New York Strip Steak: I like my steak lean, however you need to use any steak you want to.
- Eggs: Giant eggs are finest. Cook dinner them to your desire.
- Steak Seasoning: My steak seasoning is the BEST! It should give your steak a lot taste.
- Roasted Potatoes: These are my straightforward air fryer roasted potatoes, however you possibly can serve your steak and eggs with any facet dish you want to.
Steak and Eggs Recipe
This recipe is very easy and cooks up shortly! Particularly for these busy mornings. My boys all the time request steak and egg on their birthdays! The aroma of steak very first thing within the morning will get them away from bed very quickly!
- Season the Steak: Season the steak generously on each side.
- Warmth the Olive Oil and Butter: Warmth a big forged iron skillet to excessive warmth. Add the olive oil and butter and let it warmth up for a minute earlier than including the steak.
- Add the Steak: Place the seasoned steak within the skillet.
- Cook dinner the Steak: Cook dinner the steak on either side for 4 minutes. Scale back warmth to medium-high warmth. Cook dinner the steaks to the specified doneness. Mine took about 8 minutes flipping 3 instances to get a medium. As soon as the steak is completed, transfer it apart within the skillet to make room for the eggs.
- Cook dinner the Eggs: Preserving the warmth at medium warmth, crack the eggs slowly into the skillet. Cowl the skillet with a lid and cook dinner till the whites are fully set, however the yolks are nonetheless runny. It will take about 2 to 2 ½ minutes. Watch it carefully, and don’t take away the lid till after 2 minutes. Bear in mind, no flipping in order for you your eggs sunny facet up. Season the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Take pleasure in: Slice up your steak and serve along with your eggs and your selection of facet.
Cooking Temperatures for Steak
It’s essential that you understand how to cook dinner a steak so that you simply get it cooked simply the way you and your friends like. Here’s a temperature information which you can comply with.
- Uncommon: Temperature: 115°F; Take away when it reaches 110°F
- Medium-Uncommon: Temperature: 125°F; Take away when it reaches 120°F
- Medium: Temperature: 135°F; Take away when it reaches 130°F
- Medium-Effectively: Temperature: 140°F; Take away when it reaches 135°F
- Effectively Accomplished: Temperature: 150°F; Take away when it reaches 145°F
What Is the Finest Pan For Cooking Steak?
A cast-iron pan is extremely really useful for cooking steak. It cooks the steak evenly and offers it a pleasant golden sear. I used a forged iron pan for the steak and eggs, and it seems wonderful! Use a well-oiled and seasoned pan. Use a pan large enough to suit each the steak and the eggs.
Storing Leftover Steak and Eggs
Sunny-side-up eggs don’t retailer very effectively. It’s laborious to reheat them with out altering the feel of the egg. Within the microwave, the egg white will get rubbery and the yolk will get agency. So in my view, rewarm the steak and make the eggs recent! However if you happen to do have leftovers, right here is the way to retailer them.
- Within the Fridge: You possibly can retailer your leftover steak and eggs within the fridge in an airtight container for as much as two days.
- To Reheat: Reheat the steak and eggs within the microwave till warmed via.
Season the steak generously on each side.
Warmth a big forged iron skillet to excessive warmth. Add the olive oil and butter and let it warmth up for a minute earlier than including the steak.
Place the seasoned steak within the skillet.
Cook dinner on either side for 4 minutes or till the skin is browned. Scale back warmth to medium-high warmth. Cook dinner the steaks to the specified doneness. Mine took about 8 minutes flipping 3 instances to get a medium. As soon as the steak is completed, transfer it apart on the skillet to make room for the eggs.
Preserving the warmth at medium warmth, crack the eggs slowly into the skillet. Cowl with a decent lid and cook dinner till the whites are fully set, however the yolks are nonetheless runny. It will take about 2 to 2 ½ minutes. Watch it carefully, and don’t take away the lid till after 2 minutes. Bear in mind, no flipping in order for you your eggs sunny facet up. Season the eggs with salt and pepper.
Slice up your steak and serve along with your eggs and your selection of facet.
Energy461kcal (23%)Carbohydrates2g (1%)Protein33g (66%)Fats36g (55%)Saturated Fats14g (70%)Polyunsaturated Fats3gMonounsaturated Fats17gTrans Fats0.3gLdl cholesterol363mg (121%)Sodium211mg (9%)Potassium423mg (12%)Fiber0.2g (1%)Sugar0.3gVitamin A650IU (13%)Vitamin C0.2mgCalcium72mg (7%)Iron4mg (22%)
All dietary data is predicated on third social gathering calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.