Pomegranate chocolate chunk cookies are the BEST cookies you’ll ever make! The pomegranate is tangy, like cranberry, with a touch of sweetness on the finish. The burst of taste whenever you chunk into this cookie can have you coming again for seconds!
I like a great cookie. I’m just a little obsessive about winter baking as a result of it simply makes the house odor so good! And it’s the one time of yr whenever you really need the oven to heat up the home! For those who love cookie baking within the winter time, you HAVE to strive these perfect-for-Christmas Grinch cookies, these gooey and scrumptious Butter Cookies, and these soften in your mouth Peppermint Meltaways.
Pomegranate Cookie Recipe
It’s no secret that I like cookies! It was one of many first issues I discovered easy methods to make (in all probability like most of you), they usually have at all times hit the spot. I particularly love cookies throughout the vacation season, like these almond cookies and these Italian Christmas cookies. They’re really easy to share, and everybody loves having a scrumptious cookie for Christmas!
You probably have ever had a cranberry cookie, this pomegranate chocolate chunk cookie is form of like that! Cranberries and pomegranates are related as a result of they’re tangy and have just a little sweetness on the finish. I’m an enormous fan of cranberries, but it surely’s enjoyable to modify it up! Pomegranates are so enjoyable to eat in so many alternative methods. I guess you haven’t tried them in a cookie but. They’re a must-try!
Components in Pomegranate Cookies
You have to the identical elements as any cookie recipe, however for this pomegranate cookie, additionally, you will want, properly, pomegranates, after all! I additionally added cream cheese to the recipe, which I believe you’ll love! You will discover the precise measurements under within the recipe card.
- Butter: It would be best to use unsalted butter and ensure to depart it out for a number of hours earlier than you intend on making the cookies so it’s good and comfortable.
- Cream Cheese: Cream cheese is SO good in cookies. For those who haven’t tried a cookie with cream cheese in it, you might be in for a deal with. It’s tangy and creamy and provides this cookie nice texture and taste.
- Granulated Sugar: Your pantry sugar will work nice.
- Brown Sugar: Brown sugar is nice in cookies like this as a result of it has molasses in it. Molasses has a pleasant wealthy taste and provides a deeper taste than simply granulated sugar by itself.
- Egg: I at all times use giant grade-A eggs in my recipes.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract provides taste to the dough and helps to carry out all the opposite scrumptious flavors within the cookie.
- All-Goal Flour: All-purpose flour is the simplest to work with and would be the most suitable choice for this cookie.
- Salt: Salt brings out the flavour.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda will assist the cookies fluff up when baking.
- Baking Powder: Baking powder additionally helps these pomegranate cookies to rise.
- Semi-Candy Baker’s Chocolate: You can use chocolate chips too.
- Pomegranate Arils: You have to to purchase a pomegranate from the shop and get all of the seeds (arils) out. See my tip under for easy methods to simply take away the seeds!
Tips on how to Make Pomegranate Cookies
This pomegranate cookie recipe is actually just like a chocolate chip cookie. The principle distinction is the pomegranates and including chunks of chocolate as an alternative of chips. You’ll love how these cookies style; they’re excellent for vacation get-togethers!
- Prep: Preheat oven to 375 levels Fahrenheit and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Chop the chocolate and put together your pomegranate seeds (arils) by eradicating them from the fruit and set them apart.
- Beat: Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle, beat the butter and cream cheese collectively till it’s mild and properly blended. Add in your sugars and beat till mild and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in your egg and vanilla and beat a further 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk: In a separate bowl, whisk collectively the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder till properly mixed. Together with your mixer on low velocity, add the flour combination to the butter combination, ¼ cup at a time, till simply mixed.
- Fold and Bake: Fold within the chocolate and pomegranate till evenly distributed. Scoop about 2 tablespoon measurement rounds of dough onto the parchment-lined baking sheets, leaving a 2-inch area between each. Bake for 12-Quarter-hour, the cookies ought to be frivolously golden throughout, take away from oven and let the cookies relaxation on the new baking sheet for a further 5 minutes earlier than transferring to a cooling rack.
- Cool: Permit the pomegranate cookies to chill for not less than Quarter-hour and luxuriate in!
Ideas for Baking Pomegranate Cookies
These cookies are actually just like a chocolate chip cookie, which I guess you may have made earlier than! Listed here are a number of easy suggestions that I believe you can see useful whenever you go to make these pomegranate chocolate chunk cookies.
- Use Completely different Chocolate: You should utilize milk or darkish chocolate as an alternative of semisweet chocolate chunks. You can even strive white chocolate chips or… you might use all of them! I’ve by no means had a cookie with an excessive amount of chocolate in it!
- Eradicating Pomegranate Seeds: There’s a nice trick to take away all white spongy flesh. While you’re taking out all of the seeds, have your pomegranate underwater in a bowl. The entire white stuff will float to the highest, the place you may simply scoop it out, and all the seeds will sink to the underside! I’ve additionally heard that in the event you lower the pomegranate in half and maintain it dealing with downward in a bowl, you should use a spoon to whack the seeds out. It’s important to hit it fairly onerous!
- Oven Time and Temperature: Everybody’s cookies shall be just a little completely different in relation to baking within the oven. The oven temperatures can differ relying on what sort of oven you may have. Your elevation and humidity can even change how the cookies bake. So I might simply control them whereas they’re within the oven, and as soon as the perimeters begin to brown, they’re accomplished!
These pomegranate cookies style finest contemporary, however they will last as long as per week. You can additionally freeze them and save them for later! The dough additionally freezes properly, so this recipe is nice for anytime you might be within the temper.
- On the Counter: You’ll be able to retailer your cookies for as much as per week on the counter saved in an airtight container.
Preheat oven to 375° fahrenheit and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Chop the chocolate and put together your pomegranate seeds (arils) by eradicating them from the fruit, put aside.
Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle, beat the butter and cream cheese collectively till it’s mild and properly blended. Add in your sugars and beat till mild and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in your egg and vanilla and beat a further 1-2 minutes.
In a separate bowl, whisk collectively the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder till properly mixed. Together with your mixer on low velocity add the flour combination to the butter combination ¼ cup at a time till simply mixed.
Fold within the chocolate and pomegranate till evenly distributed. Scoop about 2 tablespoon measurement rounds of dough onto the parchment lined baking sheets, leaving a 2 inch area between each. Bake for 12-Quarter-hour, the cookies ought to be frivolously golden throughout, take away from oven and let the cookies relaxation on the new baking sheet for a further 5 minutes earlier than transferring to a cooling rack.
Permit the cookies to chill for not less than Quarter-hour and luxuriate in!
Energy130kcal (7%)Carbohydrates21g (7%)Protein2g (4%)Fats5g (8%)Saturated Fats3g (15%)Polyunsaturated Fats0.2gMonounsaturated Fats1gTrans Fats0.1gLdl cholesterol17mg (6%)Sodium100mg (4%)Potassium63mg (2%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar13g (14%)Vitamin A121IU (2%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium17mg (2%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary data relies on third occasion calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.