This Candy Potato Breakfast Hash is a nourishing meal that’s straightforward to make and filled with nutritious components to gasoline your physique. It has the whole lot it’s good to begin your day without work with nice vitality for no matter you’ve got deliberate, and it makes a wonderful brunch or dinner choice, too!
Typically being constant with wholesome consuming can really feel like an actual problem. Whether or not it’s lack of inspiration or lack of time that’s the problem, this recipe will get you excited to make it, and eat it! You possibly can even prep the veggies forward of time and simply add the eggs within the morning, making it handy and straightforward.
On the lookout for extra enjoyable and straightforward recipe concepts? You possibly can all the time save time and benefit from the comfort of getting the whole lot all mapped out for you with one of my done for you meal plans.
For this recipe, I used candy potatoes as the bottom since they’re a fiber-rich carbohydrate (what we name a “advanced carbohydrate”), which digest extra slowly, serving to you are feeling full longer and keep away from cravings (1). Candy potatoes are additionally an incredible supply of Vitamin C and beta-carotene (2), which has been proven to enhance the looks of your pores and skin, preserve your immune system sturdy and promote good eye well being (3).
Eggs are an entire protein supply (the 9 important amino acids your physique can’t make by itself) and are extremely bioavailable – which means the protein is effectively metabolized, absorbed and utilized by your physique. The egg yolk comprises ALL the nutritional vitamins, apart from Vitamin C (4) which you’re getting in abundance from the candy potatoes, so your bases are coated!
Including darkish, leafy greens ensures your physique will get one other nice fiber supply and quite a lot of micronutrients, like carotenoids, (that are highly effective antioxidants which were proven to assist scale back the danger of illnesses like most cancers) (5), whereas additionally selling cardiovascular well being and supporting your immune system (6).
All of those wholesome components come collectively to create a really superb fast and straightforward one-pan meal that’s excellent anytime of the day! Get pleasure from!
Candy Potato Breakfast Hash
Yield: 2 servings
You’ll need: giant skillet with lid, spatula, measuring cups and spoons, reducing board and knife
Key: T = Tablespoon; tsp = teaspoon
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup crimson bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups candy potato, peeled and diced into 1/2 “ cubes
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 cup darkish leafy greens (spinach, kale, chard, and so on.)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 T inexperienced onions, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Warmth a big skillet over medium warmth and coat it with oil.
- Add the diced onions and peppers to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Toss within the candy potatoes and season with cumin, garlic powder and paprika.
- Cowl and cook dinner for 10-Quarter-hour, stirring often.
- Take away the lid and add the kale. Prepare dinner for 2-3 minutes, stirring steadily, till kale has wilted.
- Utilizing a spatula, make 4 holes within the hash, and crack an egg into every gap. Cowl and cook dinner the eggs to your liking.
- Season with salt and pepper, and prime with chopped inexperienced onions and sliced avocado.
Let me know should you make this recipe and the way you favored it – I like listening to from you!
On the lookout for extra wholesome recipe choices?
The 30 Day Challenge Meal Plan contains all of the recipes and grocery lists for breakfasts, smoothies, sides, snacks and entrees for 4 full weeks – with loads of scrumptious choices and construction that will help you eat proper for YOUR life!
Check out everything included in the 30 Day Challenge Meal Plan right here, and let me make your life easier!
- Mei, Xin et al. “Composition and physicochemical properties of dietary fiber extracted from residues of 10 styles of candy potato by a sieving methodology.” Journal of Agricultural and Meals Chemistry. June 2010. Internet. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20509611/
- Rautenbach, Fanie et al. “Antioxidant capability and antioxidant content material in roots of 4 candy potato varieties.” Journal of Meals Science. June 2010. Internet. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20629859/
- Wu, Juan et al. “Intakes of Lutein, Zeaxanthin, and Different Carotenoids and Age-Associated Macular Degeneration Throughout 2 A long time of Potential Observe-up.” JAMA ophthalmology vol. 133,12 (2015): 1415-24. doi:10.1001/jamaophthalmol.2015.3590 Internet. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5119484/
- Réhault-Godbert, Sophie et al. “The Golden Egg: Dietary Worth, Bioactivities, and Rising Advantages for Human Well being.” Vitamins. March 2019. Internet. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6470839/
- Krinsky, Norman I, and Elizabeth J Johnson. “Carotenoid actions and their relation to well being and illness.” Molecular features of medication vol. 26,6 (2005): 459-516. doi:10.1016/j.mam.2005.10.001 Internet. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16309738/
- Brouwer-Brolsma, Elske M. et al. “Meals consumption biomarkers for inexperienced leafy greens, bulb greens, and stem greens: a evaluate.” Genes & Vitamin. April 2020. Internet. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7144047/