Skillet Salisbury steak is a basic meal with a mouthwatering tender beef patty drowning in a wealthy home made brown gravy. Serve it over some mashed potatoes and peas and you’ve got your self a winner!
I like Salisbury steaks. They’re consolation meals at its most interesting! For extra scrumptious steak recipes strive skillet garlic butter herb steak and potatoes, garlic butter and herb steak bites, or cube steaks with mushroom gravy!
Amazingly Scrumptious Skillet Salisbury Steak
Skillet Salisbury steak is a certainly one of a form meal. I’ve needed to get inventive with meals recently as a result of my household is so busy. I’m at all times in search of recipes which can be simple and require little clear up. This skillet Salisbury steak is that and extra! Tender steaks drowning in a wealthy brown mushroom and onion gravy. It’s prepared in simply half-hour and is certain to please your entire household! You’ll wish to make it repeatedly.
The scrumptious meat patties get these good crisp pan-seared edges however are so tender on the within. Truthfully although, my favourite half is the wealthy brown gravy. It’s so flavorful and ideal for topping some mashed potatoes with! Since this recipe solely takes half-hour to make, you’ll wish to pair it with these Instant Pot mashed potatoes. They’re prepared in quarter-hour and full the meal so nicely!
What’s the Distinction Between Salisbury Steak and Hamburger Steak?
A Salisbury steak comprises extra fillers akin to breadcrumbs, sauces, onions and an egg whereas a hamburger steak solely comprises salt and pepper. They’re very related and should not have a distinction in any respect relying on the recipe itself. A Salisbury steak will be served by itself or with different sides to make it a meal. They’re very related and each generally served with a gravy combination.
Components You’ll Want
You actually don’t want loads to place these skillet Salisbury steaks collectively. They’re so easy however full of taste! The total listing of substances with measurements will be discovered within the recipe card under.
- Floor Beef: To type the Salisbury steaks with. You can even use floor turkey if you need a leaner possibility.
- Breadcrumbs: I like including breadcrumbs to the steaks as a result of it offers them one of the best texture!
- Ketchup: Provides taste and moisture to the patty combination.
- Worcestershire Sauce: Enhances the meaty, savory taste of the steaks.
- Mustard Powder: For a touch of tangy taste!
- Egg: Helps to bind the entire substances collectively.
- Salt and Pepper: Add an additional layer of seasoning. You can even use seasoning salt.
- Butter: For cooking the patties in. It additionally infuses them with taste.
- Olive Oil: You’ll use this to cook dinner the mushrooms and sliced onion in.
- Mushrooms: Common brown mushrooms work nice!
- Massive Onion: Sliced onion infuses this dish with a lot savory taste. If you happen to don’t need the flavour to be too overpowering, go for a candy onion.
- Beef Broth: Acts as the bottom of the gravy.
- Ketchup: Provides further taste and substance to the gravy.
- Worcestershire Sauce: Provides an additional pop of tangy, savory taste!
- Cornstarch: Thickens up the gravy. You can even use flour as an alternative.
- Water: Use to regulate the consistency.
Learn how to Make Skillet Salisbury Steak
This can be a knockout dinner that whips up very quickly in any respect! It’s good for busy weekdays once you’re craving one thing hearty. Right here’s methods to get your skillet Salisbury steaks tasting completely scrumptious!
- Form Patties: In a medium-sized mixing bowl add the bottom beef, bread crumbs, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, egg, and salt and pepper. Combine together with your fingers till simply mixed after which form into 4 oval patties.
- Prepare dinner in Butter: Warmth the butter in a medium-sized skillet over medium excessive warmth. Add the patties after which cook dinner till the edges are barely crisp and cooked all through. Take away after which put aside on a plate.
- Sauté Greens: Add the olive oil to the pan with the mushrooms and onion and cook dinner till tender. Then put aside on a plate.
- To Make the Gravy: Add the meat broth, ketchup, and worcestershire sauce to the skillet. Then in a small bowl, add the cornstarch and water making a slurry. Whisk it into the gravy and convey to a boil. Scale back the warmth to medium low after which add the mushrooms, onions, and patties again to the skillet. Permit to simmer till the gravy begins to thicken. Then salt and pepper to style. Serve over mashed potatoes and peas after which garnish your Salisbury steaks with recent parsley if desired.
Can You Bake Salisbury Steak?
Sure! Mix the entire substances for the Salisbury steak. Then place the steak patties in an oven protected pan or skillet. Pour the gravy excessive of the steaks. If you need to roast your greens on the similar time, add them into the pan with the steak and gravy. Cowl and bake at 350 levels Fahrenheit for 30 to 35 minutes or till the meat is now not pink.
I like to serve Salisbury steak with potatoes, noodles and even rice. To make this into an incredible household meal, add in some greens like green beans, peas, roasted cauliflower, or carrots to usher in some coloration and further taste. Mashed potatoes are additionally a should! Listed here are just a few of my favourite recipes on the weblog.
Retailer your leftover Salisbury steaks for a fast and straightforward lunch. It’s really easy to heat them up they usually style simply pretty much as good as once you made them!
- Within the Fridge: Retailer for 2-3 days in an airtight container.
- Reheating: I at all times wish to reheat leftover Salisbury steaks in a skillet over medium warmth. If it’s essential to add moisture again to the patties or gravy, add a splash of beef broth. You can even reheat your steaks within the microwave with 1 minute cooking intervals.
In a medium sized mixing bowl add the bottom beef, bread crumbs, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, egg, and salt and pepper. Combine together with your fingers till simply mixed and form into 4 oval patties.
Warmth the butter in a medium sized skillet over medium excessive warmth. Add the patties and cook dinner till the edges are barely crisp and cooked all through. Take away and put aside on a plate.
Add the olive oil to the pan with the mushrooms and onion and cook dinner till tender. Put aside on a plate.
To make the gravy: Add the meat broth, ketchup, worchestershire sauce to the skillet. In a small bowl add the cornstarch and water making a slurry. Whisk it into the gravy and convey to a boil. Scale back the warmth to medium low and add the mushrooms, onions, and patties again to the skillet. Permit to simmer till the gravy begins to thicken. Salt and pepper to style. Serve over mashed potatoes and peas and garnish with recent parsley if desired.
Up to date January 13, 2023
Energy493kcal (25%)Carbohydrates20g (7%)Protein26g (52%)Fats34g (52%)Saturated Fats13g (65%)Polyunsaturated Fats2gMonounsaturated Fats15gTrans Fats2gLdl cholesterol136mg (45%)Sodium1098mg (46%)Potassium714mg (20%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar6g (7%)Vitamin A322IU (6%)Vitamin C3mg (4%)Calcium81mg (8%)Iron4mg (22%)
All dietary info is predicated on third social gathering calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.