This Focaccia Bread recipe is simpler than you assume! Made with just some components and brushed with olive oil and Italian herbs, it’s the right complement to any meal!
Focaccia bread is a thick and barely chewy flatbread that’s nice for dunking! It might go completely with this Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup, this Creamy White Chicken Chili, or this wonderful Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup.
Italian Focaccia Bread
Making selfmade Focaccia bread may appear intimidating, however I promise you there are only a few components and some easy steps. The truth is, making flatbread is a good introduction to bread making since you merely roll it into a big circle and dimple it with a picket spoon, as an alternative of worrying about rolling good rounds for rolls or rolling up a loaf of yeast bread. Focaccia is one in every of my favourite breads for dunking.
It simply doesn’t get higher than the golden, chewy exterior seasoned with Italian herbs, and the tender and fluffy inside. It’s one of the best of each worlds and pairs properly with nearly any soup, chili or saucy pasta you’ll be able to consider! It’s the right solution to make a easy soup like cauliflower soup completely filling. I personally love dipping it in homemade tomato soup. You possibly can even hold issues easy and serve it with this olive oil bread dip.
Focaccia bread is a very easy dough that you’ll love making! It’s an awesome bread to make if you’re making an attempt bread for the primary time. It’s so easy! And you are able to do enjoyable issues to embellish the highest. I’ve seen so many wonderful designs that embrace peppers, crimson onions, cherry tomatoes, basil, and olives. You possibly can adorn the highest of the dough nonetheless you want, or you’ll be able to hold it easy with a drizzle of olive oil and possibly some recent herbs. You’ll find the measurements under within the recipe card.
- Water: You need the water to be slightly heat to assist activate the yeast.
- Dry Yeast: That is to assist the focaccia rise.
- Sugar: Sugar sweetens the dough and helps to activate the yeast.
- Olive Oil: That is what makes the dough actually moist and tender.
- Italian Seasoning: I wish to make my very own selfmade mix as a result of it tastes so recent and scrumptious.
- Garlic Powder: That is so as to add additional savory taste.
- Salt: This helps the dough style extra flavorful.
- All-Function Flour: That is the best to work with.
- Coarse or Flaked Salt: A little bit crunch of salt on prime takes this bread to the subsequent degree!
Focaccia Bread Recipe
I like how simple this focaccia bread recipe is! It’s a yeast dough, however there isn’t a motive to be anxious about this dough turning out. When you comply with these directions, it is going to be mild and fluffy each time!
- Activate Yeast: Within the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk collectively water, yeast and sugar. Let sit for 10 minutes or till foamy.
- Combine Oil and Seasonings: Whisk in 2 tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon garlic powder and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Add Flour to Mixer: Place the bowl within the stand mixer with the dough hook on. Then steadily add flour (one cup at a time to start out), and knead on low velocity till all flour is integrated. Add simply sufficient flour so that you’ve got a tender however not too sticky dough
- Oil and Relaxation: Place dough in an oil bowl and switch to coat. Then cowl with a lint free kitchen towel or plastic wrap, and place in a heat draft-free place to rise till doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch Dough and Relaxation: Uncover dough and punch down. Then press dough into a big rectangle on a greased rimmed baking sheet (10×15 inches) you can also make a smaller rectangle for a thicker bread should you desire. Then cowl once more and let rise for 1 hour or till doubled once more.
- Preheat Oven: Preheat oven to 400 levels F.
- Make Dimples: Uncover dough after which use your finger to create dimples within the dough.
- Combine Oil and Seasonings: Whisk collectively remaining 3 tablespoons oil, ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning and ¼ teaspoon garlic powder. Then brush over dough and sprinkle with coarse or flaked salt.
- Bake: Bake at 400 levels for 20-Half-hour, till golden brown.
Ideas for Making Focaccia Bread
This recipe is de facto easy and excellent to your first attempt. If you wish to take your focaccia bread up a degree, you need to use a few of these ideas. There are such a lot of enjoyable methods to make this bread new and scrumptious!
- On the spot Yeast: You possibly can swap the energetic dry yeast on this recipe for fast yeast and never change a factor. I nonetheless wish to proof my on the spot yeast to verify it’s not previous or stale. Proofing yeast is what occurs while you dissolve it in heat water. It’s going to develop into thick, foamy, and bubbly if it’s working.
- Including Design: You probably have seen any lovely pans of focaccia bread on the web, they’re normally topped with beautiful meals “work”. You will get so inventive with the highest of your bread by including designs made out of chopped greens like crimson onion, bell peppers, and cherry tomatoes.
- Cheese On High: I like to sprinkle so parmesan cheese on prime. You need to use the powdered sort and even some freshly grated after you pull it out of the oven.
Focaccia is an excellent scrumptious bread for sandwiches and as a aspect dish. It additionally shops very well, and listed here are my ideas.
- On the Counter: Retailer bread wrapped in plastic wrap or in an airtight container on the counter for as much as 5 days. Recent selfmade bread doesn’t final so long as retailer purchased as a result of it doesn’t have preservatives, so be sure to freeze half of the bread should you received’t be capable of eat all of it in per week.
Within the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk collectively water, yeast and sugar. Let sit for 10 minutes or till foamy.
Whisk in 2 tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon garlic powder and ½ teaspoon salt.
Place the bowl within the stand mixer with the dough hook on. Regularly add flour (one cup at a time to start out), and knead on low velocity till all flour is integrated. Add simply sufficient flour so that you’ve got a tender however not too sticky dough (I used 3.5 cups).
Place dough in an oil bowl and switch to coat. Cowl with a lint free kitchen towel or plastic wrap, and place in a heat draft-free place to rise till doubled, about 1 hour.
Uncover dough and punch down. Press dough into a big rectangle on a greased rimmed baking sheet (10×15″) — you can also make a smaller rectangle for a thicker bread should you desire. Cowl once more and let rise for 1 hour or till doubled once more.
Preheat oven to 400 levels F.
Uncover dough and use your finger to create dimples within the dough.
Whisk collectively remaining 3 tablespoons oil, ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning and ¼ teaspoon garlic powder. Brush over dough and sprinkle with coarse or flaked salt (roughly relying in your tastes).
Bake at 400 levels for 20-Half-hour, till golden brown. (Actual bake time will rely upon the thickness of your dough)
Up to date March 17, 2023
Energy85kcal (4%)Carbohydrates12g (4%)Protein2g (4%)Fats3g (5%)Saturated Fats1g (5%)Sodium98mg (4%)Potassium21mg (1%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A2IUCalcium5mg (1%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary info is predicated on third get together calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.