These candy & bitter cocktail meatballs are straightforward to make and so scrumptious!
Tender juicy meatballs are simmered in a fast two ingredient sauce for the proper candy and bitter cocktail meatball!
These can be the very first thing gone, and no one will ever imagine what’s in them!
Good Occasion Appetizer
- Cocktail meatballs are a celebration recipe! Serve them at each social gathering or gathering, and watch them disappear!
- They’re really easy to make with simply three elements!
- Serve these candy and bitter meatballs as an appetizer and even served over rice for a weeknight meal that your loved ones will love!
Components for Candy & Bitter Meatballs
I usually make grape jelly meatballs, however do you know that you could principally select any candy ingredient and any tangy ingredient for an excellent cocktail meatball sauce?
Meatballs – You should utilize the recipe beneath for homemade meatballs, or use a bag of frozen totally cooked meatballs for a simple appetizer with nearly no prep wanted! You may as well use the identical sauce for cocktail smokies.
Sauce – The simple sauce for these candy and bitter meatballs wants simply two elements: one candy and one tangy.
- Select one candy – apricot preserves, strawberry jam, grape jelly, or cranberry sauce.
- Select one tangy – ketchup, chilli sauce, bbq sauce.
How one can Make Cocktail Meatballs
What might be simpler than this three-ingredient recipe?
- Make the meatballs (as per the recipe beneath) or use frozen meatballs.
- Combine the sauce elements collectively and warmth on low in a saucepan.
- Add the cooked meatballs to the sauce, convey to a boil, then simmer till thickened.
These work completely within the Crockpot too!
- Simply bake the meatballs as directed (or simply add them frozen in the event you’re not making home made)
- Place the sauce elements within the gradual cooker.
- Add meatballs to the sauce and let warmth by way of on excessive for a minimum of 1-2 hours earlier than serving (a bit longer if utilizing frozen).
As soon as heated by way of meatballs might be left on low for serving.
- Cocktail meatballs might be made forward and refrigerated or frozen for future use.
- They may maintain within the fridge for 3-4 days and can retain their taste within the freezer for 2-3 months.
- Remember to cook dinner and reheat to a temperature of 165ºF.
Extra Straightforward Appetizers You may Love
Did your loved ones love these Candy and Bitter Meatballs? In that case, depart a ranking and remark beneath!
Candy and Bitter Cocktail Meatballs
Candy and bitter meatballs are a scrumptious appetizer that may be cooked on the range prime or within the gradual cooker.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
If making home made meatballs, mix floor beef, diced onion, bread crumbs, eggs, and pepper in a medium bowl. Divide the combination into 1-inch meatballs.
Bake home made meatballs for 18-20 minutes or bake frozen meatballs based on package deal instructions.
In a big saucepan over medium-low warmth, mix apricot preserves and barbecue sauce. Stir till the preserves begin to soften.
Add in meatballs and convey the combination to a boil.
Scale back warmth to low and simmer for 10-Quarter-hour or till the sauce is barely thickened.
- 10 ounces strawberry preserves & ⅔ cup ketchup
- 14 ounces jellied cranberry sauce & 12 ounces chili sauce
If utilizing totally cooked meatballs, they don’t should be baked first. Simmering time might should be elevated barely.
These meatballs will maintain within the fridge for 3-4 days. They may even maintain within the freezer for 2-3 months.
Serving: 1meatball | Energy: 56 | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 4g | Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 93mg | Potassium: 99mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 0.8mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.6mg
Diet data supplied is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.